Friday

Mother, my child?

She came to me every morning,
asking, if I would still remain her mother.
I kissed her forehead and promised - forever.

Her mistakes; so many, so innocent.
Why had my child learnt so much?

Her goodness taking away the poison in my life;
Why had my child grown so much?

Sad. Happy. And sad; my child saw right through me.
Why did she, my child, cry so much?

She dreamed, hoping that when she opened her eyes they would all magically come true.
Why had my child believed in life so much?

I knew my baby would play and never stop even time too had to ask.
I knew my baby would fall in love and learn to hate things in life.
I knew my baby would be wise someday.
I knew that I was giving the world my baby,
just to watch them kill her in front of me.
Why had my child become immortal?

Yet, I let them cut the cord that attached her to me.
-"Your child, Miss Anne was born dead!" (-yet free)

5 comments:

Viggy said...

that was an extremely imaginative one, nice twist at the end.
its a bit confused though, the future time line is not portrayed properly.

loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks. :-)

And yeah, I felt like it could've been better too. But this is the best I can do :/

Ornery:Bunny* said...

fan-frickin'-tastic! :D

Nabila Zehra Zaidi said...

voilla!!

Nice to see your blog all active again (and yeah me too :P)!! Super stuff written...!! Great going..!!

NOW WRITE MORE OFTEN!! Its a delight checking out your blog, always :)

Anonymous said...

@ ornery bunny a.k.a favorite fooshieer :D
Thankew so oh much! :D

@Nabila, thanks a ton, hon. :D
I'm going through a writer's block right now, but yuss yuss.. anything to keep up to your expectations :P